Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) Exam Code - EX300
The performance-based Red Hat Certified Engineer Exam (EX300) rhce tests to determine if your knowledge, skill, and ability meet those required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) systems. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification is required to earn Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification.
About the RHCE Certification
An RHCE certification is earned by a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who has demonstrated the knowledge, skill, and ability required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
- Review exam objectives for the RHCE Exam.
- Candidates must have earned their RHCSA certification on the same Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) version to be eligible to become an RHCE.
- The certification exam is performance-based, meaning that candidates must perform tasks on a live system, rather than answering questions about how one might perform those tasks.
- The hands-on nature of this exam makes real-world experience a critical facet of preparation.
- Exam results are emailed within 3 business days following the exam.
- A RHCE who is certified on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 will be recognized as a RHCE for 3 calendar years. This certification window can be extended by earning additional Red Hat credentials.
Length: 2 hours,
In preparation to take the RHCE exam, Red Hat recommends:
Training courses for Windows system administrators (with minimal Linux experience)
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
Training courses recommended for senior Linux administrators
- RHCE Rapid Track Course with RHCSA and RHCE Exams (RH300)
- RHCE Rapid Track Course (RH299)
This exam prepares you for these credentials:
Red Hat Certified Engineer RHCE
A Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) has the knowledge, skills, and ability required of administrators responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.